Release Notes for OpenTower Designer 3.0
OpenTower Designer 3.0 is now available for download here. See the release notes below.
- Implementation of the standard of the code as given in the BS EN 1993-3-1:2006 with UK National Annexed (loading and Design) for SST and Guyed Mast.
- Implementation of the guidelines given in PLG 07 (formerly known as ILE TR7) and EN 40 for the unreinforced monopole.
- AS 1170.2:2021 – new revision as per the following:
- Table 3.2 A (Md calculation for Australia)
- Table 3.2 B (Md calculation for New Zealand)
- Table 3.3 Mc Multiplier
- Auto population of design speed from the selected Region
- Updated AS 3995/AS1170 wind definition UI. Includes the auto populate of the wind speed based on the selected region.
- Additional .csv files for the support reaction of all load combinations.
- Installation of the custom catalog in a new location to avoid accessibility issues.
- Custom shape is added in the custom catalog. The user will input the section properties and assign the reference shape of the section for design checks.
- New table for showing the Bending checks of the member in the Report.
- The User can have extensive design reports (step by step hand calculation) in a text file, in the same folder where the file is analyzed (only for Euro Code).
- Auto population of wind definition as given in the .twr file after file import. This includes the wind speed details, terrain profile, and the wind directions considered in twr file.
- An option to support cross-over points and modify buckling factors accordingly for the TIA222F code.
- Buckling length factor (2.0 *H1) from Table 4-7 note 4 added for TIA codes.
- A toggle in the Option Block to check/uncheck block shear for bracing members.
- Modal Analysis can now be performed and reported for the first six mode shape in a CSV format. The option can be toggled with a configuration.
- Leg Splice connection for the bottom-most panel is now introduced in addition to base plate connection. The feature will work irrespective of creating the model from the wizard or importing it from an MStower file.
- Configurable tool for the temperature load for guy cable.
- MTO (material take off) page is updated and includes the structural weight and the overall rating.
- Node reactions table for all load cases gets generated after the analysis is performed and is available in the csv format.
- Tower summary reaction table for all load cases is available in csv format and accessible after the analysis is performed.
- Few updated bracing types M, KMV, and KMGD (updated the F1 value).
- User defined custom capacity for members and connections.
To download the new update visit Bentley’s Download Center.